This is really THE lip balm! My favourite lip balm of all time and has reached Cult status ( One sold every few minutes ! )
EFFECTIVE BY NATURE
With this extremely nourishing and repairing fragrance-free balm that contains no preservatives or artificial scents and has no sticky effect, most damaged lips are supple and soft.
PRECIOUS BENEFITS FOR MY SKIN
Thanks to this amazing balm, damaged lips will instantly be soothed. Its luscious texture and its sweet taste of Honey and Grapefruit turns applying it in truly blissful moment.
STAR ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
Yes, it is suitable for all skins in your whole family, including children aged 36 months or over.
Comes in a very solid glass jar which contains 15g of lip balm. It is also rather heavy for a lipbalm because of the solid glass jar so it would be rather inconvenient to carry around.
Unlike the famous Kielh lip balm which is smooth, this one has a verry thick texture to it. It isn’t like the conventional lip balm which is very smooth and easy to apply. This is rather creamy and has little grains ( probably due to honey granulation? ) on it and would need one to rub a little for the lip balm to sink in.
Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Beeswax), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter Fruit), Vegetable Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Mel (Honey), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit Peel Oil), Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Limonene, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Rosa Moschata (Rosa Moschata Oil), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Citrus Limonium (Lemon) (Lemon Peel Oil), Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax) (Candelilla Wax), Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower (Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract), Citral, Linalool
1) Beeswax – No lip balm would be complete without beeswax! So what exactly beeswax? It is a natural wax produced in the bee hive of honey bees. Beeswax was used in cosmetics when a German study found beeswax to be superior to similar “barrier creams” (usually mineral oil based creams, such as petroleum jelly) .
2) Shea Butter – I don’t think there is any lip balm without the use of Shea Butter. L’occitane’s Shea Butter is one of the more famous lip balms with Shea Butter. Shea Butter is only found in the tropics of Africa. It is extracted from the nuts of the Shea-Karite tree which begins to bear fruit after about 15 years; and can take up to 30 years to bear a quality crop of nuts with a high content of irremovable fatty acid. It is this irremovable fatty acid that gives Shea Butter its unique healing properties and makes it far superior to cocoa butter and other vegetable butters. Traditionally, Shea Butter was extracted by people who picked the nuts, cracked them, grilled them and pounded them. They were boiled in water for hours until the Shea Butter rose to the surface. It was then scooped into gourds and left to cool and set. Shea Butter is solid at room temperature although it quickly liquefies right around body temperature. This Shea Butter is called unrefined Shea Butter or raw Shea Butter. Since Shea Butter is an all natural product, it can vary widely in quality, appearance and smell depending on where it is produced from and how it is refined or extracted.
3) Acacia Honey – The acacia plant, where honey bees collect their nectar to make this kind of honey. One unique thing about acacia honey is that it does not crystallize because it has a high concentration of fructose. This allows it to stay in a liquid form much longer than other kinds of honey, which have a tendency to harden after a while.
4) Sweet Almond Oil – A clear distinction must be made between the oil extracted from the seeds of the Prunus dulcis (sweet) and the Prunus amara (bitter) tree, as the bitter almond oil cannot be used for cosmetics – it contains traces of amygdalin – another form of cyanide. This is however not present in sweet almond oil.It is an excellent emollient, softening andsoothing to the skin. It also helps to balance the loss and absorption of moisture, making it particularly effective forchapped and irritated skin, soothing it while nourishing and protecting.
5) Grapefruit Peel Oil – Grapefruit peel contains fatty substances including linolenic, linoleic and oleic acids.The delectable aroma of grapefruit has a pronounced impact on the senses and emotions. In aromatherapy applications, grapefruit is refreshing, cheering, slightly euphoria-inducing and slightly energizing.
This is definitely my favourite lip balm. Although it is quite inconvenient because it is rather heavy and it doesn’t come in a tube, it’s worth the hassle ! It is very moisturizing yet it doesn’t give a greasy feeling , and probably the only lip balm that moisturizes my lip the whole night and when i wake up, my lips aren’t dry, and feels supple and soft ! To top that off, my lips are still moisturized !
Other than that, it is great for daytime use as well. Usually with other lip balms, my lips are usually dry and the lip balm wears off after 1 hour and need re-applying. But with this, it lasts for about 3-4 hours before re-applying.
For more reviews : click here!
To be able to win samples / prizes and be updated , don’t forget to join us at facebook and twitter :