We were sent a travel kit of Ecobeau Natural Loess Travel Kit to review.
Ecobeau products are all alcohol, parabens and synthetic preservatives free. They stand by their strong belief in using only natural herb-medicine extract and loess.
So how did we like the cleanser? Find out!
First of all a little introduction on the brand Ecobeau :
At Ecobeau, we stand by our strong belief in using only natural herb-medicine extract and loess. Antimicrobial, nutritive and hydrating extract of medicinal herb keeps skin-mite’s activity under control while Loess effect derived from far infrared rays and anion of loess cleans, soothes & supplies abundant nutrition deep into the skin.
Started by Professor Choi from Kwangwoon University (Korea) and co-developed with University of Toledo (Ohio), Ecobeau is absolutely free from synthetic preservatives such as parabens and phenoxyethanol. The reference to “alcohol” on our labels refers to Cetyl alcohol, which is totally different from the harmful alcohols commonly added to skin care products. Cetyl alcohol is extracted from coconut oil and acts as a gentle and nourishing binder for the water and oil parts of our formulation.
Ecobeau’s antimicrobial properties help to stimulate skin cell’s regenerating system. It may not show immediate results as synthetic and harsh skincare products out in the market which many a times only provide temporary efficacy. Its antioxidant extract from herb medicine diminishes wrinkles and acts as natural source of whitening. Continuous use of Ecobeau line will give you bright, moist, smooth, resilient and clear lustrous skin.
And a little introduction about the cleanser itself :
Natural cleanser with soft foam that gently cleanses your face. Minerals from loess water and natural hydrant provide nutrition for your skin and keep your face feeling moist. Best Selling natural hydrating cleanser!
A little more effort could be put on the packaging for this brand in order for it to sell better because it has a potential. I was sent the mini-version of it, so i can’t comment on the packaging but by looking at photos, the packaging seems to be very home-made, D.I.Y –ish packaging.
The cleanser comes in a pump and about 3-4 pumps should be enough to cleanse your skin.
After 1-2 pumps
After 4 pumps
This cleanser gives a pretty thick consistency foam. I love the scent of the cleanser – reminds me of Garancia’s Pschitt Cleanser – the scent of Rose Water and Citrus.
Ingredients : Loess Water, Disodiun Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, Houttuynia cordata Extract, Gingko biloba leaf extract, Sesame seed extract, Padina pavonica thallus extract, Artemisia vulgaris extract, Rosemary leaf extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Medica Lemon Juice, Rice Bran, Avena Oatmeal Extract, Allantoin, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata(Lichen) Extract, Collagen, Ubiquinone, Natural Fragrance
What is this Loess ingredient that is the main ingredient in Ecobeau products?
1) Loess – Loess is minute mineral matter that aids health by emitting infrared rays, and has excellent absorptive, purifying, and revitalizing properties. In one tables spoon full of Loess, approximately 200 million microscopic organisms can be found, and those microscopic organisms have abundant supply of enzyme called ‘Catalase’ that breaks down oxides, which also have the effect of anti-oxidant; reduce heat, metabolisms and relaxation. Loess removes skin waste.
Loess is a natural material, which contains a lot of nutritional minerals, with the efficacy of adjuvant therapy through the elimination of fatigue and skin diseases. In addition to be able to cut off the outside electromagnetic radiation, but also the release of far-infrared. This product is a yellow-micron particles, particle size uniformity. Rapid elimination of fatigue, and can ease skin diseases, atopic dermatitis and other skin symptoms from the toxin produced by make-up. It is rich in a variety of enzymes and minerals which has the benefits on human body. Powerful electromagnetic adsorption function to prevent radiation injury suffered. To launch far-infrared, and promote blood circulation and metabolism
2) Disodiun Laureth Sulfosuccinate – Don’t worry, this isn’t the infamous toxic foaming agent, Disodium Laureth Sulfate that is present in almost 90% of shampoos, cleansers etc. Sulfates are irritating in part because they’re small molecules that can penetrate the skin. Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate is a larger molecule that can’t penetrate skin. Structurally it is a considerably larger molecule than many other surfactants and belongs to a category known as anionic surfactants, meaning that it has a negative charge. The safety and mildness of Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate lies in the absence of a sulfate ion head, which is commonly found in many other surfactants. The sulfate ion, which originates in sulfuric acid, is replaced with the more stable and safer sulfonated ester. The result is an effective yet safe product that offers a plethora of advantages over sulfate chemicals.Sulfosuccinates are the sodium salts of alkylester of sulfosuccinic acid not sulfuric acid. Sulfates are salts of sulfuric acid. This surfactant is a very mild surfactant and can be found in many sulfate free shampoos that are on the market today.
3) Usnea Lichen Extract / Beard Moss – Can be used as preservatives. Usnea, also known as old man’s beard, is not a plant but a lichen—a symbiotic relationship (a combination of two organisms which live together intimately) between an algae and a fungus. Usnea looks like long, fuzzy strings hanging from trees in the forests of North America and Europe, where it grows.
Derived from lichens, Usnea has been used for centuries as an antifungal agent. Since lichens produce natural antibiotics, including usnic acid, to protect themselves from other bacteria. This mechanism results in antibacterial properties that are beneficial for the skin.
In a recent study[MSOffice1] , rosemary and usnea were shown to be effective against a panel of bacteria. These antimicrobial effects can make these extracts useful for skin detoxification and topical relief of skin disorders like acne and eczema.
4) Houttuynia cordata Extract – To remove toxic heat and strengthen the skin’s protective functions because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Its potassium salt and can enhance the function of capillaries, and can improve blood flow.
5) Sesame seed extract – acts as a natural barrier to protect against elements such as smoke, smog, and environmental pollutants in the air. Sesame seed oil is rich in antioxidants, thus it pulls toxins from your skin. Sesame seed oil can help prevent blackheads, clear the skin of pimples, and fade dark spots.
6) Padina pavonica – is a brown alga of the family of Pheophycaea. It grows abundantly in the Mediterranean.Padina Pavonica dramatically increases the quantity of Glucosaminoglucans (GAGs) within the skin. By special cell communication, these water-attracting GAGs are responsible for skin moisturisation, improving suppleness, firmness and elasticity.
7) Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract – The antioxidant activity of the methanol extract from Japanese pepper fruit was found to be equal to that of α-tocopherol and stable under heat treatment.
8) Rosemary leaf extract – Rosemary is an herb from the mint family that contains powerful antioxidants.Rosemary leaf contains beneficial phenolic components such as rosmarinic, chlorogenic acid, and caffeic acids, and a host of health-promoting flavonoids that possess strong antioxidant properties. Extract of rosemary helps protect the skin cells from the damage of aging and bacteria and hence it helps delay the appearance of saggy and wrinkly skin.
First of all, hats off to this cleanser for being Sodium Laureth Sulfate-free. It is one of the few brands that claim to be natural and is really natural in their ingredients. We couldn’t find any faults in its ingredient list.
However, like all foam cleansers we’ve tried – it does feel a little dry on the skin after cleansing. It would be good during summer time, and for those living in tropical countries.
We would recommend this cleanser. First of all, we love the scent of it. Secondly, thumbs up to its organic natural ingredients and being sodium laureth sulfate-free. It is also No Alcohol, No Preservatives, No Parabens. Last but not least, it is sold at a very affordable price.
Note that the cleanser is Ecobeau’s star product/top seller together with it’s Loess Nutritive Mask.
Results from the skin analyzer : Before – After
Results from the Skin Moisture Analyzer :
Where To Purchase?
Ecobeau products can be found at The Orange Co.
It is sold at SGD 30 for 150ml.
The Orange Co ships internationally at a very reasonable rate too.
To be able to win samples / prizes and be updated , don’t forget to join us at facebook and twitter :