Do you care about what's in your bathroom on the shelf? Seeing handmade soap with such an attractive "hand made" sign do not rush to buy it. Handmade does not mean the naturalness of the product.
Perhaps you cooked the soap yourself or you were given it. Gift made their own hands, undoubtedly pleasant, but is it necessary to use it? Maybe you should be pleased with the attention and leave it as a souvenir.
In shops you can often see bright and unusual pieces. Which of them should I take?
To date, there are several types of soaps:
- natural handmade soap made in a "hot" way;
- natural handmade soap made in a "cold" way;
- handmade soap made from an industrial soap base that can be purchased in almost any store for creativity;
- Factory soap, sold under the guise of "natural".
"Natural soap" and "handmade soap" – this is not the same and not even synonymous. The needlewoman could make it using synthetic and easily accessible materials. Then what kind of soap can be called natural?
Signs of natural soap
1. Basics for soap. The basis of natural soap is saponified fat and oils. It often happens that soaps use a buying base for soap. This product is not natural, but it is cheap and easy to find. The cheaper such a base, the fewer natural ingredients it contains. PEG, SLS and other additives can cause an allergic reaction and dry skin.
How to determine whether the natural soap base is the product that you want to purchase? To begin with, ask the sales person for the composition. If you do not want to believe a word, then look at the following signs.
2. Smell. Natural soap will not smell of fillings, caramel or berries. Remember: there are no such essential oils! Do not let the delicious smell fool yourself. If the smell is sharp and unnatural (for example, soap with the smell of chewing gum), then you are not a natural product. Instead of essential oils, artificial flavors and fragrances were used. It is not necessary to approach the choice of the product by the smell. "This soap smells delicious – I'll take it!". So in your bathtub there will not be anything natural. Synthetic fragrances smell stronger and longer. Be sure to read the composition – is there a flavor and whether it is natural.
3. Appearance and color. Bright soap, most likely, was painted with artificial dyes, which also harm the skin. The bright or transparent color of soap speaks of its unnaturalness. Perhaps the dye was natural, but you will not know for sure. It is advisable to refrain from soap of bright colors.
Soap made from a ready-made soap base is handmade, but not a natural product.
4. Composition. Usually the composition is written in descending order of components. In natural soap, first of all, the saponified oils will be indicated. For example, coconut or olive. Next – all other ingredients. If you buy soap "with the hands" will have to determine the appearance and smell, whether the natural product.
A high-quality natural handmade soap can not be a mass product.Do not be impressed by the bright advertising, beautiful packaging and the inscription "hand made". Natural soap can not be as bright and beautiful as synthetic, but it does not harm your skin and will not cause an allergic reaction.