Folk recipes for hair masks remain popular among women. A onion mask, as is known, helps to significantly reduce hair loss. But despite all the positive actions from the mask, still there is one weighty argument against – the smell of onions. From such a pungent smell is very difficult to get rid of, but perhaps in several ways.
Recipe for onion mask for hair
There are many recipes with the main ingredient – onions. There is no sense in listing them all. Let us dwell on the two most popular recipes of onion mask.
The simplest recipe for the onion mask against loss is to spread the scalp simply with onion juice without additives. For one procedure, you will need an 1 medium bulb. Some people use onion gruel. But then it is worth considering that the smell will be stronger, and it will be difficult to get rid of the scales of onions. Still, it is better to use pure onion juice.
You can also get onion juice in several ways. The first way is to filter. The bulb should be cleaned and grated. You can use a blender or a juicer. Then the resulting gruel should be filtered through a cloth. It is best to take a handkerchief. Strain through the cheesecloth will lead to the fact that the juice will get particles of onions.
Also onion juice can be insisted. To do this, cut the onion into thin half rings, put it in the box and leave it closed for a few hours. The juice should itself be aimed.
The onion needs to be used, and the more angry it is, the better the effect will be. It is not necessary to apply purple (salad) onions for this mask, the effect from it will be much less.
The juice should be applied to the scalp. For this, it is best to use a syringe without a needle. Then the juice will be distributed evenly. Apply the juice to the skin on the partitions and carefully rub into the head. After processing, you can wrap your head with a towel and leave for 1 an hour. After that, the mask is washed off with normal shampoo. Already after the first application, the decrease in the hair loss will be noticeable. But still you need to do it by the course 1-2 times a week for a month.
The second recipe for onion mask is also quite simple and affordable. It is necessary to mix onion juice, 1 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of honey. For dry hair, you can add another 1 spoon of castor oil. The mask is applied, held and washed in the same way as the previous one.
How to get rid of the smell of onions on your hair
The smell of onion is very persistent and without additional funds it can persist for a month. Especially the smell lasts for a long time on damaged hair.
To get rid of the smell of onions, you need:
- Peel the onion juice carefully from the gruel. The smell lasts longer on the hair, if onion juice is poorly cleaned.
- Do not hold the mask for too long.
- Do not apply the mask for the entire length of the hair. The mask very well helps to cope with loss. Therefore, it should be applied only to the scalp, so that the juice acts on the hair follicle.
- Add a couple of drops of essential oil of tea tree, lavender or rosemary to the mask. Essential oils partially break the smell of onions. But do not overdo it with oils, otherwise you can burn your scalp.
- Good smells of onion aroma coconut oil. It can be applied to the tips of the hair during the onion mask. In addition, it will help with the cross section of the hair.
- When washing the mask, add a few drops of essential oils to the shampoo.
- Rinse the hair with acidic water after shampooing. Make it easy: on 1 l. water is added juice from half a lemon.
- You can add a colorless henna to the mask. She also breaks the smell of onions quite well.
- Dry hair without a hair dryer, combing them with aromatic oils.
- Well relieves hair from the smell of onion coffee. Rinse the hair with coffee dissolved after the mask and they will have a pleasant coffee flavor.
- Remember that the onion smell becomes stronger when the hair gets wet. Therefore, avoid during the complex of hair treatments, visiting the pool, saunas and outdoor sports.