Anti-cellulite massage helps to reduce the hated orange peel on the hips and buttocks. You will have to perform the procedure on a regular basis. To not go broke on the services of cosmetologists, massage is done at home.
There are a lot of rumors about cellulite. Some consider it an inflammation of adipose tissue, others hold the view that the orange peel is a natural feature of the female body. Even doctors do not give an unambiguous answer and do not hurry to include cellulite in the list of diseases.
What is cellulite?
Cosmetologists and dermatologists prefer to call cellulite gynoid lipodystrophy. With this pathology, structural changes occur in the subcutaneous layer – microcirculation and lymphatic drainage is disturbed. In fact, these are stagnant phenomena in adipose tissue, which eventually lead to its dystrophy.
Quite often, gynoid lipodystrophy due to a similar Greek name is confused with phlegmon of subcutaneous adipose tissue – acute purulent inflammation.
Cosmetologists note four stages of development of gynoid lipodystrophy:
- "Soft cellulite." In adipose tissue begins to accumulate fluid, a swelling of soft tissues.
- "Average cellulite." Collagen fibers in the connective tissues thicken and solidify. Lymph and blood microcirculation is difficult.
- "Hard cellulite." On the skin there are characteristic nodules, the texture of problem zones resembles an orange peel.
- "Started cellulite." The number of nodules increases, the skin becomes loose, flabby and swollen, when pressed there is a tangible pain.
Find the causes of the occurrence of gynoid lipodystrophy is useless. The development of orange peel is associated with a variety of factors – from malnutrition to genetic predisposition, from endocrine diseases to wearing tight clothing from synthetics.
Gynoid lipodystrophy is also observed in slender girls.
To reduce the manifestations of pathology, it is necessary to act in a complex way: to adjust the diet, start doing sports, several times a week to do wraps with essential oils of citrus and anti-cellulite massage. Results will not appear immediately – at least in 2-3 months. So you have to be patient and stick to the plan.
Does massage help with cellulite?
Anti-cellulite massage partly helps to get rid of manifestations of pathology. You need to do it 3-4 times a week. During the procedure, it is necessary to use creams and gels that improve blood microcirculation and promote the outflow of lymph.
For an hour and a half before the massage, the consumption of mineral water is limited. After the procedure, you can not drink during 1-2 hours. Anti-cellulite massage in the abdominal area is done on an empty stomach. Abstain from eating is necessary for 3-4 hours before the session.
The first results of anti-cellulite massage are visible after 5-7 visits to the cosmetologist. The skin becomes less loose, acquires firmness. Interrupt the course at this stage is impossible. With "hard cellulite" spend at least 15 sessions. To maintain skin beauty and prevent gynoid lipodystrophy, cosmetologists recommend that you undergo 8-10 procedures. Between the courses make a break – from 2 to 6 months, depending on the degree of development of pathology.
In some cases, the improvement of the skin condition is observed a couple of weeks after the end of the course of anti-cellulite massage.
The cost of one procedure varies from 400 to 1600 rubles in different cities. The whole course pours out in a round sum. Therefore, many girls prefer to save on themselves, doing anti-cellulite massage at home.
What anti-cellulite massage is done at home
Before you start to do anti-cellulite massage at home, you need to take a contrast shower, use a scrub. Water procedures will improve blood circulation in the tissues, clean the pores, prepare the subcutaneous layer for manual intervention.
Massage brush or glove will strengthen the effect of scrub.
Anti-cellulite massage is classified into 5 types:
- Manual massage. Suitable for reducing cellulite in the buttocks, thighs, abdomen. It consists of patting, stroking, tingling, rubbing and pressing. Do this massage with pads with your finger, fists, an edge of the palm. Begin with light and smooth movements, gradually increasing pressure. The duration of the procedure is 40-60 minutes.
- Dry grinding. It is often used to improve the condition of the skin of the hips and buttocks. It is made with the help of a hard glove, a brush, special massagers. During the procedure, microcirculation of blood and lymph is not only improved, but also the horny skin particles are removed. The movements of the massager must be circular and translational (along the muscle fibers). The force of pressure is adjusted during the session. The duration of the procedure is -3-7 minutes for each problem zone. The effect is discontinued as soon as the skin begins to turn red, pain appears.
- Koch's method. This method is used to massage any parts of the body. The procedure is carried out using a melchior or silver spoon, which is slightly cooled in the freezer, and then smeared with honey, massage oil or cream. The movements are circular, counterclockwise and clockwise. The length of the session is 30-40 minutes.
- Honey massage. Suitable for hips, buttocks, hands, abdomen. Massage is done using sugared natural honey. At will, essential oils of citrus, rosemary, lavender, eucalyptus are added to it. Massage begins with pats, and after 5-7 minutes pass to the peculiar delays of the skin – the palm is applied for a few seconds to the problem area, and then sharply tear off the hand. The duration of the procedure is 20-30 minutes. After the session, take a warm shower. You do not need to use cosmetics.
- Can massage. The most painful, but also effective technique. Massage is done with silicone cans of different diameters, which are attached to problem areas, and then make circular motions. During the procedure, blood circulation improves and lymph flow accelerates. To reduce the pain, the skin is applied with massage oils or anti-cellulite cream. The duration of the procedure is 5-10 minutes for each problem zone.
After a vacuum can massage, bruises can appear on the skin, which dissolves during 2-3 days.
The technique of anti-cellulite massage, which can be done at home, is chosen depending on the degree of gynoid lipodystrophy. When the pathology is started, it is better to stop the choice on a can of massage. If the skin shows only hints of orange peel, then preference is given to manual massage and rubbing. Honey technique is chosen in cases where cellulite is combined with blockage of pores and increased fat content of the skin.
Anti-cellulite massage brings positive results only in course treatment. Do not drop cosmetic procedures after the appearance of the first results and try different techniques. After a few months, the skin will thank you.