Looks like the BB Cream trend has hit the Western countries. So far, here are the BB Creams that have been released in America for the past few months : Estee Lauder Day Wear BB Cream, Lancome’s new range of BB Creams… etc.
But so far.. none of them have released a ‘premium’ BB Cream like those you can find in Asia : Alexander Kimsco, Sunnyside VIP, Dr Schrammek, AHC BB Cream etc.
3Lab will be the first Western brand to charge a hefty $95 for their BB Cream. Is America ready to pay such a price for a BB Cream since most of them are less than the $50 price range ? Let’s take a look at the BB Cream.
Infused with 3LAB’s signature bio-engineered growth hormone and apple stem cell technology, PERFECT BB SPF 40 is a sheer tinted moisturizer designed to firm and lift the skin, regenerate new skin cells, brighten, moisturize, and protect. conveniently in three shades to match your skin tone. A proprietary blend featuring Beta White, a biomimetic peptide that whitens, provides added benefits to illuminate the skin.
“In developing our newest product, we wanted to extend beyond pure treatment and offer our clients a protective moisturizer that could provide light coverage while still delivering the superior benefits of our skin care products,” commented Erica Chung, Co-Founder and Creator of 3LAB. “We have had many requests for a tinted moisturizer, but we wanted to make sure we could incorporate our state-of-the-art anti-aging ingredients into a color formula that would meet the expectations our customers have come to expect. We are confident that PERFECT BB SPF 40 will deliver.”
As an alternative to foundation or as a foundation primer, PERFECT BB SPF 40 will protect the skin from harmful sunrays, sooth and calm irritated skin and illuminate the skin while fighting the signs of aging, It is available in three shades: Shade #01, Shade #02 and Shade #03. Each shade blends smoothly into the skin and provides a translucency and clarity with a non-greasy and quick absorbing formula.
Treats fine lines and wrinkles using anti-oxidants, vitamins and botanicals including Phytocell Tec, Nano Clair GY™ and β-white to improve and even skin tone, brightens the skin, alleviate irritation and protect the skin from harmful UV rays and oxidative stress.
Key Features and Benefits include:
· Protects the skin from harmful UV rays and oxidative stress.
· Soothes and calms irritated skin.
· Regenerates cells through the use of Phytocell Tec and Nano Clair GY.
· Minimizes the appearance of skin discoloration evens out skin tone.
· Moisturizes and hydrates the skin with a light feel.
· Effectively treats fine lines and wrinkles.
· Provides great coverage for age spots and blemishes.
Key Ingredients Include:
· Nano-Claire GY™ works as “hormone replacement therapy” for the skin.
· PhytoCellTec™ Malus Domestica, stem cells from a rare Swill Apple that have been proven to delay the aging process.
· Beta White, an innovative biomimetic peptide that is encapsulated in a liposome vehicle that whitens skin by decreasing proteins involved in the pigmentation process thereby inhibiting melanin synthesis.
· E-Mortal, a hydrolyzed Pea Protein that activates stem cells/skin cells and promotes collagen production, clinically proven to effectively reduce wrinkles.
· Ascorbyl Glucoside stimulates collagen synthesis from fibroblasts and acts as a potent skin-whitening agent by inhibiting the synthesis of melanin.
· Vitamin E to help prevent free radical damage.
· Sedaplant Richter, an herbal extract that sooths skin and reduces irritation.
Let’s take a peak at the ingredient list :
Water (Aqua/Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Methicone, Glycereth-26, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Alumina, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Squalane, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hydrolyzed Pea Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Oligopeptide-68, Sh-Polypeptide-7, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Beta-Glucan, Ceramide 3, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Lecithin, Methicone, Hydroxy- ethylcellulose, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phytosterols, Silica, Sodium Oleate, Sodium PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Urea, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Potassium Hydroxide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Phosphate, Caprylyl Glycol, Boron Nitride, Acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, EDTA, Phenoxy- ethanol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Fragrance
Looking at the ingredient list, it contains what most of the Asian BB Cream have : Adenosine, Ceramide, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta Glucan, Lecithin, Chamomilla extract, etc. What stands out here is probably their
growth hormone & the apple stem cell ( malus domestica fruit cell culture )!
Can’t wait to see how it compares to the premium Asian BB Creams… but they have not launched in Europe nor Asia at the moment so let’s wait and see!