In recent events with Amore Pacific, i felt that this was finally the time to write the review.
I was given this by Hope In A Blog’s review giveaway which compromised of the skin clarifying mask, emulsion, water balancer, first care serum – and they also included the firming cream which was not included in the photo.
Firstly, i would like to thank Hope In A Blog for this opportunity to discover this brand. I paid nothing for this, not even shipping – just to clarify this in case ‘Julia’ slanders the blog again for promoting sample sales. It was my first asian brand i have tried and after testing these products , i even purchased the full size products.
While the representative had a point, she failed to acknowledge that there are other Sulwhasoo retailers ( both online and offline ), and not only Bergdorf Goodman. From her emails, she clearly guards the interest of Bergdorf and not other Sulwhasoo sellers. Is that how a Sulwhasoo representative should act? By saying that buyers should just wait for Sulwhasoo counters to expand to their country. By saying that, isn’t she destroying business opportunities to those online companies that also sells Sulwhasoo products? Or are these retailers lower class than Bergdorf.? I am sure that Sulwhasoo sales in America is insignificant compared to the sales of Sulwhasoo products in Asia or in online retail stores.
I would never have bought products from Sulwhasoo if i had never discovered this blog and had the opportunity to try these samples that is ‘looked down’ by Sulwhasoo. The products are so expensive that no one would really purchase the products without even testing them. Now, i really do ‘look down’ at this brand and i feel uncomfortable each time i use my Sulwhasoo full size products and i even have intentions to just give this away.
Now moving on the agenda of this – the review.
1. Balancing Water – regardless of it’s name, it isn’t exactly water, more like thick water. I guess it is more of a toner in western cosmetic terms and you can feel the hydration instantly.
2. First Care Serum – this is the first time i have seen a serum being used in the first step of a skincare regimen. I believe this is Sulwhasoo’s star product as written by hopeinablog, and i absolutely love this. I am uncomfortable with asian herbs smell but i love the smell of this serum. It absorbs instantly into the skin and hydrates it.
3. Balancing Lotion – i have seen so many good reviews on this lotion and i am not surprised why it is loved by many. It is light, absorbs quickly, and hydrates the skin well. It is also suitable for all skin types as the texture is very light and it feels comfortable on the skin and hydrates very well that you might not need a cream.
4. Revitalizing Serum – I was onlygiven one sachet of this serum but liked it enough to purchase the full size product of it anyway. The serum is gel-like and absorbs very well too. it doesn’t leave a sticky or greasy feeling , and i have felt some firming action too.
5. Clarifying mask – i found this mask too troublesome and difficult to apply because it was too sticky and concentrated therefore i did not purchase the full size product. However it did help clarify the skin after using the sample but i am just too lazy to be doing it all the time.
6. Firming cream – a bit heavier than the balancing lotion, use it if you have dry skin.
Overall a great line, but i will not be purchasing any amore pacific products anytime soon. It takes years to build the reputation of a company, and needs only one bad representative to spoil it. Like someone said on the comments below, there are other good brands out there. I do not need to give my hard earn money to a company who look down on their readers or on a blog that has only helped them so much. I do not need to ‘wait’ until the brand opens up at my country – i have so many other choices that doesn’t need me to wait. Maybe it’s time to buy the History Of Whoo that hopeinablog has been talking about, and i will introduce History of Whoo products to my fellow Norwegians.
To hopeinablog, you have been so wonderful introducing so many unknown foreign brands and giving out these samples for readers to try for free. Please don’t be dishearten by this and continue the great work ! keep it up.
P.S : Sorry for taking so long to write this review and sorry for making the review so short – i just had no heart and passion to write it anymore.
To be able to win samples / prizes and be updated , don’t forget to join us at facebook and twitter :